THE ICT OF IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY
CBT HALL IN ICT OF IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY
THE STUDENT OF IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY
THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
The philosophy for establishing the social work programme is as follows:
- To inculcate in students, the sense of responsibility and discipline and to develop the character for empathy and the ability to handle and solve social problems in the changing society.
- To create a healthy social and academic culture amongst students and academics.
OBJECTIVES OF THE B.SC PROGRAMME
- To inculcate in the students, a scientific spirit of inquiry and objectivity into the physiological, emotional and psychological problems of human beings called clients.
- To stimulate students’ interest in the different work areas of social work profession such as the human resource centres for children, psychiatric hospitals, public welfare, school welfare, rehabilitation centres, general and military hospitals, remind homes, prisons, and other work organizations like the police, drug law enforcement agencies and rural communities.
- To provide students with broad and balanced foundation of knowledge and skills in Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Research Methodology and Criminology so as to equip them for leadership positions in social, economic and political institutions and to prepare them for post graduate work.
- To ensure that Nigeria has the manpower to train people to acquire professional knowledge, skills and competencies to handle clients’ emotional, physical and social problems as community developers.
To meet various challenges and difficulties in the different spheres of community life and to effect changes in the society and human abnormality through the application of social work praxis.
HOD, Department Name