DEPARTMENT OF MARKETING
Marketing was part of the options offered in the former Department of Business/Secretarial Studies. Then, we had only a few number of students who offered Accounting Option in the Department. The Department of Business/Secretarial Studies was at Ndele Campus under the School of Vocational and Technical Education. This was the case until the 2004/2005 Session when the College approved the establishment of the School (Faculty) of Business Studies. The School commenced with four Departments viz: Accounting, Management, Marketing and Secretarial Studies. Ever since 2004/2005 session, Department of Marketing, prepared and graduated students in Bachelor of Education Degree of the University of Ibadan where the College was affiliated. From 2012/2013 Academic Session, we graduated students in Bachelor of Science in Education of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education.
The general philosophy of the programme is to provide graduate education and training in marketing, which develops and deepens the spirit of enquiry and responsibility in the graduate students, to take on research, teaching and administrative responsibilities, in public and private sectors of the nation and global economies. The programme seeks to train and graduate competent students who are to manage effectively and efficiently in the field of business (particularly marketing) both in theory and practice and creating value in all ventures and establishment
To be among the best departments of Marketing in tertiary institutions in the country and beyond, and to produce graduates who would ceaselessly contribute to creating value in all ramification any time, any day across the globe and to be a leader in the world of business, particularly in marketing, through innovation, creative and hands-on learning experiences that prepare our students for opportunities and challenges of a globally competitive world and producing graduates who will be consultants and dynamic business practitioners.
To create a center of attention and educate good quality students to become the best-fit through the use of innovative and diligent staff who are devoted to turning out distinctive University graduates in Nigeria and the entire human race.
The department of Marketing seeks to train, guard and graduate competent students who are to manage effectively and efficiently in the field of business. Thus, some of the department’s specific objectives include:
- To produce competent value creators and seasoned marketing practitioners;
- To produce the manpower endowed with analytical and critical knowledge of the major factors in contemporary business world to influence the development of a virile economy;
- To produce students who can use their marketing prowess and awareness for effective management of businesses.
- To prepare graduating students for postgraduate programmes and research in marketing;
- To equip students with entrepreneurship and business operation skills in order to produce graduates with the right business operation competencies that will enable them to engage in a life of work in the office as well as for self-employment etc.
Admission into the Bachelor Degree Programmes (B.Sc) in Marketing is normally through the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board- JAMB as stated below.
Admission through UTME
- Candidates should obtain in NOT MORE THAN TWO SITTINGS, a minimum of five relevant CREDITS passes in SSEC/NECO/GCE/’O’ LEVEL examinations or equivalent examinations. The relevant subjects shall include English Language, Mathematics, Economics or Commerce or Entrepreneurship or Marketing, and any two of the following subjects: Salesmanship, Government, Accounts, Book-keeping, Office Practice, , Store Management, Business method, Agricultural Sciences, Christian Religious Knowledge, Geography, Short-hand, literature in English, Biology, Insurance, ICT, Data processing, Store Keeping, Book Keeping, Tourism, Stenography, Civic Education, etc . Such candidate shall be admitted into year one of the degree programme in the department.
- Equivalent passes at ‘O’ level in other recognized examinations in Nigeria and elsewhere may be considered by the department, subject to approval by the University.
Admission through Direct Entry:
- Direct Entry applicants should possess five credit passes in WAEC/GCE or equivalent examination like NABTEB, NCE, OND, ND etc. The subjects include: English Language, Mathematics, Economics or Commerce or Marketing or Entrepreneurship, and any other two from Government, Accounts, Book-keeping, Office Practice, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Store Management, Business method, Agricultural Sciences, Salesmanship, Christian Religious Knowledge, Geography, Short-hand, literature in English, Biology, Insurance, I C T, Data processing, Store Keeping, Book Keeping, Tourism, Stenography, Civic Education, etc.
UTME SUBJECT COMBINATION
English, Mathematics, Economics or Commerce etc
Dr. Lawrence Amadi
Dr. Lawrence Amadi is currently a Senior lecturer and Head, Department of marketing, Faculty of Management Sciences, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education. He holds a Ph.D degree in marketing from the famous University of Nigeria in addition to B.Sc and MBA degrees in marketing from Rivers State University. He also holds M.Sc degree in marketing from University of Port Harcourt, PGD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology and a second Ph.D degree in Entrepreneurship from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. His specialization is Strategic Marketing and Entrepreneurship. He is a member of several professional/learned institutions. He is a Chartered Stockbroker and Investment Analyst. He is a member of the Academic of Management of Nigeria. He is a member of National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria. He is a fellow of the Institute of Business Administration and Knowledge Management. He is a member of Institute of Entrepreneurship of Nigeria. He can be reached via: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|MR. DONATUS UMANAH||2004 – 2007|
|MR. FELIX A. ABADON||2007 – 2013|
|MR. HARCOURT HORSEFALL||2013 – 2015|
|PROF. A.C. EZIRIM||2015 – 2016|
|DR. VICTOR CHIMA ANUCHA||2016 – 2021|
|DR. LAWRENCE AMADI||2021 – DATE|
Offers Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) and Bachelor of Science Education (B.Sc.Ed) degree in Marketing
|NAME||DISCIPLINE||AREA OF SPECIALIZATION||QUALIFICATION||RANK|
|Dr. Lawrence Amadi||Marketing||Strategic Marketing and Entrepreneurship||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Barr. Bernard Nwekeala||Marketing||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Dr. (Mrs.) Imeerani Aseminachin Kalio||Marketing||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Dr. Godswill Chinedu Chukwu||Marketing||Management and Marketing||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Dukoye Corton Igani PhD||Marketing||Consumer Behaviour, Strategic Marketing and E-commer||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Dr. Ikechi, Prince Obinna||marketing||Management and Marketing||PhD||Senior Lectuer|
|Dr. Tutah Tonye Chukundah||Marcketing||Hospility and Strategic Marketing||PhD||Lectuer 1|
|Mr Obuah Ikechi Isreal||Marketing||marketing||M.Sc.||Lecturer 1|
|Dr. Songo Lawson||Marketing||International Marketingh||PhD||Lecturer 1|