The Information and Communications Technology Centre (ICTC) was established in 2007 by the then Rivers State College of Education. It was inherited by the Rivers State University of Education in 2009, which was later renamed Ignatius Ajuru University of Education.
The ICT centre was established to provide all Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Infrastructural and support services for the various departments, faculties, units and directorates of the University.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY CENTRE STAFF
Mr. Kitoye Okonny
Chief Technologist 1
Mr. Tombari Tete
Assistant Chief Technologist
Dr. Osaki Miller Thom-Manual
Principal Computer Engineer
Dr. Libari Mbaakee
Principal Computer Technologist
Mr. Promise Kpe-Nobana
Aburuotu, Emmanuel Chinwendu
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert/Data Scientist.
ABURUOTU, EMMANUEL CHINWENDU
(Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert/Data Scientist)
Mr. Aburuotu Emmanuel Chinwendu obtained his M.Sc in Computer Science from Ignatius Ajuru University of Education. He is presently researching Data Science and Data Science Applications (Engineering), with Ph.D in Computer Science in view. He has various IT certifications in Hardware and Net-Centric Technologies with Microsoft, Cisco, and Computing Technology Industry Association (Comptia). He is an Assistant Lecturer Department of Computer Science, an IT Manager and a member of the University ICT Development Committee, Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Port Harcourt Nigeria.
He has managed the following IT programmes and services in the University System:
Development and maintenance of the ICT infrastructures (Data Centres, Network Operational Centers (NOC) and Local Servers and Services.
- Capacity development for staff and students through Hybrid Training
- Support and encourage quality academic content through content development and upload into the university’s Open Educational Resources (OEM) integrated into the university website
- Management of the University's plagiarism module, which ensures authentic writing and quality academic material by the staff and students
- Management and administration for the University central portal for online and automated technology-driven processes in the University
- Development and support for the university’s Wireless Local Area Network and Internet distribution
- Management and support for the University’s automated admission system through the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
- Administration and support for the automated National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Data Management System (NYSC DMS) for the mobilization of our graduates into the National Service
He has published Science and Information Technology-based articles/journals internationally and locally and more are presently being reviewed for publication. The published articles have also been indexed by Google, Scopus, and other research centers acceptable on world-wide-web (www).
Aburuotu Emmanuel Chinwendu
M.Sc IAUE, B.Sc Uniport, MSCE-NIIT India, CPHE-ATN-Lagos, Office 365G-ATN Phc, DBMSA-ATN Phc, Comptia A+/N+ ADT Phc,MOS 2013 Microsoft, ADTC Rhema University,ADAPTI 2016, Cisco ITE, CCNA Module 1, 2, 3, & 4.