Department of Computer Science
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Tel: +234 (0) 803 772 0614.
The Department started in February 2002, when the Academic Board of Rivers State College of Education (RSCOE) took the decision to establish Computer Science Department, and then the Department was concerned with the issue of teaching General Studies (GS) Courses in Computer Science. Lecturers were drawn from allied Departments to start the Department. Then in 2003/2004 session, there was an advocacy for B.ED Courses in Computer Science and this was approved and further ratified by the University of Ibadan and in the 2004/2005 session because Rivers State College of Education was affiliated to University of Ibadan, the Department of Computer Science started in earnest.
The Curriculum is designed to produce Computer scientists who are knowledgeable, highly motivated and professionally sound, capable to train other people both in theory and practical of computer science. The programme is also designed to develop confidence in the Computer Scientist that will enhance their abilities to adapt to rapidly changing situations in a scientifically and technologically oriented global society.
The objectives of the Course are:
- To produce graduates who are very conversant with theories, principles and applications of computers Science so that they could be thoroughly resourceful, adaptive and innovative in their latter employment whether in the field of computer research in the university or teaching in schools or in the industry or on their own.
- To produce competent and highly knowledgeable Computer Scientist at all levels of education.
- To produce graduates who will be able to undertake installations, repairs and maintenance of computer systems.
- To produce computer Scientist who will be able to motivate students’ interest in computer through the use of appropriate teaching strategies at all levels of education.
- To produce graduates who will be well equipped to proceed for higher degrees in Computer Science or Computer Education.
|S/N||Name of Staff||Rank||Designation||Qualification|
|Dr. Constance Izuchukwu Amannah||Senior Lecturer(Current HOD)||Full-time||PhD. UNN, 2018)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2007), B.Sc. (RSUST, 2005), PGDE (RSUST, 2007), Algorithms, Signal Processing Software Engineering, NCS, CPN|
|Dr Nathaniel Akpofure Ojekudo||Reader(Former HOD||Full-time||Ph.D (RSUST, 2014) M.Sc (RSUST, 2007), B.Sc (Benin, 1994)Applied MathematicsCPN|
|Prof. P.O. Asagba||Professor||Sabbatical||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2009), M.Sc. (Uniben, 1998), B.Sc. (UNN, 1991), Network System/Mgt Infor System, NCS, CPN|
|Prof. W. Nwankwo||Professor||Sabbatical||Phd (FUTO, 2015), MSc (AAU, 2007), MBA (2012, NOUN), LLB (NOUN, 2017), BSc ( ARC UK, 2014), HND (2001, MIT)|
|Dr. P.A. Nlerum||SeniorLecturer||Adjunct||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2015)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2005)B.Sc. (RSUST, 2000)NCS, CPN|
|Dr. B.R. Japheth||SeniorLecturer||Adjunct||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2015)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2005)B.Sc. (RSUST, 2000)NCS, CPN|
|Dr. B. Allen||Lecturer I||Adjunct||Ph.D. (Babcock, 2019)M.Sc. (NOUN, 2014)MSc. UNIBEN, 2016)HND (IMT, 2009)PGD (NOUN, 2012)|
|Dr. Patience, Spencer||Senior Lecturer||Full-time||M.Sc. (Uniport, 2007), B.Tech (RSUST, 2002), NCE (Ibadan, 1996) Mgt Info System.|
|Dr. F.O. Onuodu||Reader||Adunct||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2015)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2005)B.Sc. (RSUST, 2000)NCS, CPN|
|Mr. Johnson, Ambrose Ajinwo-Ikechi||Lecturer I,||Full-time||PGDE (Uniport, 2008), M. Tech (FUTO, 2004), B.Sc. (Uniport, 1989), Computer Communication (CPN)|
|Dr. Osaki Miller Thom-Manuel||Lecturer II||Part-time||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2018)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2010)B.Tech (RSUST, 2001)PGDE (Uniport, 2012)|
|Dr. Ledisi, Giok Kabari||Senior Lecturer||Adunct||Ph.D. (Uniport, 2014)M.Sc. (Uniport, 2006)B.Sc. (Uniport, 1991)|
|Mr. Michael, ChiefJames Philip||Lecturer II||Full-time||B.Sc.Ed (UNN, 2006), NCE (Omoku, 2001) Computer Education (CAT/C)|
|Mr. Domaka, Nuka Nanwin||Lecturer I||Full-time||M.Sc. (Ibadan, 2004), B.Sc. (RSUST, 1999),PGDE (Uniport, 2010), Networking/System Analysis, Mobile Computing, Database System, CPN|
|Mr Emmanuel Chinwedu Aburuotu||Assistant Lecturer||Part-time||M.Sc (IAUE, 2020), B.Sc(Uniport, 2017)|
|Iroanwusi Chukwumeka Gift||Computer Technologist||Full-time||B.Tech (RSUST, 2007), WAEC 1994, SSCE 2000TRCN, CPN|
|Oguzie Goodlive||Laboratory Attendant||Full-time||B.Sc. (Uniport, 2000), CPN|
- Staff Profile
- Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the B.Sc. Ed. degree programme, candidate must possess any of the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) or GCE “O” Level, NECO Examination Certificate with credit passes in five subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Physics and any other two Science subjects from Chemistry, Biology, and Agricultural Science. A credit pass in Further Mathematics would be an added advantage.
- At least overall merit in Computer Science in ND or OND Certificate with an “O” Level Certificate with credit in four subjects including English language, Mathematics and Physics.
- At least two merit passes in Nigeria Certificate in Education which include Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry from any recognized institution in Nigeria (for a three-year B.Sc. (Ed)) programme in Computer Science Education.
- GCE “A” Level with at least two Science subjects, including mathematics and Physics (for a three-year B.Sc. (Ed)) programme in Computer Science education.
- HOD Picture and Bio Data
Dr. Constance Izuchukwu Amannah MNCS, MCPN, MSIAM, MIIRD.
- PERSONAL DATA
Other Names: Constance Izuchukwu
Date of Birth: 26th June 1977
State of Origin: Rivers State
Local Government Area: Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni
Marital Status: Married
Residential Address: 6 Chief Ehule Lane, Mile IV, Rumueme
Contact Address: Department of Computer Science,
Ignatius Ajuru University of
Education, P.M.B. 5047,
Department: Computer Science